We were honored to have alumni from Harding’s first graduating class—the class of 1959 on campus Friday. They joined us for a special chapel and shared their memories of everything from their favorite teachers to their football team of just 18 players. Our students were so encouraged by the chapel that they gave the alumni a standing ovation.
Congratulations to our
2019 Homecoming Queen Madison Spears.
Homecoming Court 2019
Seniors: Brooke Kenworthy and Jackson Davis
Madison Spears and Jordan Clay
Braedyn Rankin and Reid Swolensky
Juniors: Emma Howard and Thornton Mitchell
Sophomores: Katie Riedel and Alex Abbott
Freshmen: Chandler Donlin and Andrew Jamerson
Seniors win JUGG
MS/US Dress Up Days:
Monday: The Awakening (pajama day)
Tuesday: Trendy Tuesday (wear something that’s gone out of style)
Wednesday: The Greats (superhero, first responder, military personnel to honor their service)
Thursday: Throwback Thursday (dress in your assigned decade) Faculty–50s, MS–60s, Seniors–70s, Juniors–80s, Sophomores–90s, and Freshmen–00s
Friday: The Comeback (spirit day–GO LIONS!)
LS Dress Up Days:
Monday: Pajama Day (favorite PJs)
Tuesday: Tacky Day (tacky or out of style clothing)
Wednesday: Hero Day (superheroes, military, first responders, athletes, or your own personal hero)
Thursday: Throwback Thursday (wear clothes from your favorite decade (50s, 60s, 70s, etc.)
Friday: Spirit Day (show your Lion Pride!)
Homecoming Dress-Up Day Dress Code
- All outfits must be Harding appropriate.
- Any shorts/dresses/skirts must come down to the knee.
- No holes in shirts or pants.
- Leggings may not be worn as pants. If leggings are worn, shorts must be worn over them.
- All writing and pictures on clothing must be appropriate.
Homecoming Dress Code After School
- Students should stay in their school outfit until 3:00
- Shorts may be worn after 3:00 as long as they are an appropriate length. T-shirts should not be longer than shorts. Nike tempo shorts are allowed unless they are too short. Faculty and staff are allowed to ask students to change if shorts are too short.
- Leggings may not be worn as pants.
Homecoming shirts $10
Friday, September 13 schedule:
12:30 p.m. Assembly (auditorium) seniors march in
12:30–2:00 p.m. Skits in auditorium
2:05–3:00 p.m. Grand Finale (Ellers)