Harding Academy presents our 2017–2018 theatre season opening with the lower school musical Annie KIDS. We’ve got some great plays and musicals planned for this year, and we can’t wait to see our students share with all of the greater Memphis area the talents God gave them. If you have a child interested in taking the stage, make a special note of the audition times for each show. Also, mark your calendars for the Spotlight Awards on Tuesday, May 1 at 6:00 p.m. where we’ll highlight some of the year’s best performances.
Jennifer Daniels Aycock,
Director of Theatre Arts
Tickets for all performances:
Students $5 Adults $10
Children age 3 and under are free
Cash and check only
Lower School Musical
Thursday, September 28 7:00 p.m.
Friday, September 29 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 30 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 17 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday, August 18 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Bring yourself and a smile!
Girls interested in the role of Annie please prepare a section of Tomorrow or Maybe no longer than 30 seconds.
Upper School Musical
Step Out of the Cold and Under the Sea as Music Theatre International and Harding Theatre present:
Disney’s The Little Mermaid
Thursday, November 9 7:00 p.m.
Friday, November 10 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 11 2:00 p.m.
Auditions: Monday, August 21 – Thursday, August 24 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
What you need to know:
- Prepare 16 to 32 bars of music that shows off your range. If interested in a specific role, please prepare a song from the show that the particular character sings.
- There's a lot of character acting in this show so choose wisely.
- Bring sheet music or accompaniment as well as a resume and head shot.
- Wear professional dress that you can move in or bring a change of clothes if called back to dance.
- I will work with and accommodate most fall sports schedules. The Friday performance will be moved to an alternate time in the instance of football playoffs. Email Mrs. Aycock with questions.
- Middle school may audition. Selective casting in this age range as there is now an exclusive middle school show.
- There is a $25 costume fee for each cast member.
Upper School Play
The Emperor’s New Clothes
Thursday, February 1 7:00 p.m.
Friday, February 2 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 3 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, January 2 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 3 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 4 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Bring yourself and a smile! We will be reading from the script and doing some movement.
Middle School Musical
Willy Wonka Kids
Monday, March 26 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 27 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 29 7:00 p.m.
Monday, February 12 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 13 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 14 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, February 15 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Bring yourself and a smile!