Saturday was the TSSAA Division II-A State Invitational in Nashville, and both our Lady Lions and Lions track teams finished in first place. This is the second consecutive year that both of our teams have won the State Invitational Championship, finishing first among all other Division II-A schools. We now continue with preparations for the Regional and State Championships, where we hope to have continued individual and team success.
Our guys were led by strong performances from Calvin Austin III and Nick Martin. They finished 1-2 in the 100, 200, and 400, and were on the winning 4x200 team. (If they had been entered as their own school, Calvin and Nick would have scored enough points to finish 4th overall.) Calvin has now won the State Invitational championship in the 100 and 200 in 3 consecutive seasons.
Our girls were not led by any single stand-out, but instead won with an all-around team effort. Sarah Luttrell was our leader in individual points, with 24 points; that performance was strong enough to outscore 5 schools on her own.
• We had 5 individual champions and 4 relay teams that finished 1st.
• All 8 relay teams finished either 1st or 2nd.
• We had top-3 finishes in 27 out of 36 events, and scored team points in all 36 events. We're the only school that scored team points in every event.
• Calvin Austin III, Nick Martin, and Julian Isabel finished 1-2-3 in the 400. We were the only school to do that in any event.
• We earned 55 medals in the 36 events. (Medals were given to top 3 finishers.)
• We set 5 State Invitational records, and we now own 8 records at the meet.
• Both the Lions and Lady Lions are undefeated against Division II-A teams in varsity meets this season.
Official results: http://tn.milesplit.com/meets/225105/results/449644/raw#.VzABL6ODGkp