Q - When is the library open?
The library is open Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Q - How long is the loan period for books?
General circulation materials are loaned for three weeks and may be renewed provided there is not a demand for that particular title.
Reference materials are loaned overnight and are due back before second period the following school day.
Q - What are the fines for late or lost books?
- General circulation materials: A fine of $.10 per book will be charged for each school day that the book is overdue.
- Reference materials: A fine of $.25 per period will be charged for each overdue reference book.
- Lost materials: Students are expected to pay for lost and damaged materials. Where do students return books?
- A book drop is located at the library front desk.
Q - How do students know if they have an overdue book?
The librarians email overdue notices at the beginning of each week to a student's Harding Academy email address.
Q - Do students need passwords for any of the databases?
- Students do not need a password to access any of the databases while on campus.
- Students do need a password to access the databases from any other location.
- A list of these passwords is available in the library at the front desk and will be provided to students during library orientation.
- Students must set up an account in order to access the EBSCOhost eBooks while off campus. This account must be set up at Harding Academy.
Q - May students use the copy machines?
Student may use the copy machines at $.10 per copy.