Lower School Academics
Harding Academy recognizes excellence in academics through the National Elementary Honor Society.
Lower School Mission Statement
Harding Academy’s lower school program is devoted to providing each child a safe and loving Christian environment in which the Bible is taught along with the academic and social skills necessary for future success.
• Develop an understanding of God, a faith in Him, and a respect for his Word
• Emphasize academic skills, higher order thinking, and creative expression
• Instill a love for learning
• Teach self-control, responsibility, and a respect for authority and the feelings, rights, and
property of others
• Involve the family and community in developing the whole child