What is Harding Academy's religious affiliation?
Harding Academy was founded as Memphis Christian School by members of local church of Christ congregations. Churches of Christ are autonomous congregations using the Bible as their guide. There is no central governing body or heirarchy for churches of Christ, therefore Harding Academy has never answered to an outside governing body. The Board of Directors and faculty are made up of members of local church of Christ congregations.
Can only church of Christ families and students attend Harding Academy?
Our current student body is roughly 40% church of Christ students. The other 60% are from a variety of Christian traditions or non-Christian religions.
Do you offer financial aid?
We have a small amount of financial assistance for families who qualify. A student must apply to the school first, then once accepted, the student can apply for financial assistance. The average award for a qualifying family is $2,000. We do not have any full-tuition awards.